Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pedrito Vargas y su Grupo Ashé's Debut!

Seattle's First Timba Band?! That's right! Pedrito has given us what we wanted! Thank you Pedro.
Well, like the reputation of timba music... this new group of artists, the crowd, and the vibe was electric, hot, and a lot of FUN! at Nectar on 4/3/08! Sabroso!
Here are a few small clips from my little camera, therefore sorry about the quality....it's just a taste.
Was it a success??......Well, I think this image tells me better than anything = There was a moment in the night when John started leading some moves and I joined the salsa suelta. After a few moments I looked behind me, and there were 3 ROWS deep of synchronized "line dancing"!!! That might be the first time I've seen that in Seattle, for a live band! Nice dancing everyone...look'in good! Goosebumps.
Here is the clip and a few others from the evening.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

La Noche estaba llena de candela!!! Gracias pedro, cuando tocan otra vez, en full!!!!!

Arriba la timba!

Eddie Rodriguez said...

Hello Sammy and thanks for posting the videos! It was a great night for timba music in seattle and it's fans. Seeing Thomas and yourself using blogs made me want to start one too, so here it is: http://eddierumba.blogspot.com/

I'll be adding post regularly as I have tons of stuff to share about the band, music I have, experiences with Timba, etc.

Again, thanks for the announcements and the videos y que viva la musica cubana!

Eddie (singer)
Grupo Ashe